Thursday, February 23, 2012

Old Pueblo!

I was called upon to travel back to sunny Arizona this last weekend to visit a nomadic outpost in the middle of the Sonoran Desert, an area known by the locals as "The Old Pueblo".


The nomads had assembled an impressively sized village of RV campers and tents...


When I arrived, I somehow angered all of the local villagers, who chased me down the road and into the hot, cactus-laden desert...

Terrified for my life, I jumped on my bike and sped away...


I rode swiftly...all day...


and all night...


and in the end made friends with several of the villagers, particularly this group of ruffians, members of the Kona Bike Team.


Congrats to Cory Wallace (far right) for winning the Solo Men's event (18 laps, or ~300 MILES in 24 hours).  Congrats to the Epic Endurance team from Boulder, CO for riding like machines and winning the 4-person team category.  Congrats to all who made it through the race!  And big thanks to the race organizers, volunteers, and to Kona Bicycles for putting together such an awesome weekend of good biking and good people.  



Stay tuned for the first stop of the US Pro XCT in Austin, TX, March 3rd-4th  

Thanks for reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment